Aim:- Biological synthesis of silver nano particles.
Aim:- Biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles.
- Chemicals:- (1) Leaves for preparation of plant extract (either Marwa or Neem).
(2) Silver nitrate ( AgNO3)
(4) Double distilled water.
- Equipment:- Beaker, Conical flask, Glass rod, Measuring cylinder, Test tube, Pipettes etc.
- Procedure:- Marwa (Origanum majorana) and Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaves weighing about 20gm are thoroughly washed and dried and add 100ml sterile distilled water.
- Boil in a water bath for one hour at 600C.
- Filter through Whatman filter paper whose pore size is 0.45μm.
- Followed by further filtration through 0.22 μm sized pore size.
- 1mM silver nitrate is prepared in 100ml of deionised water.
- 10ml of plant extract was added into 90ml of the aqueous solution of 1mm silver nitrate.
- Mixture solution stirred for one hour.
- Silver nanoparticles are formed.
- Centrifuged the solution at 5000 rpm for 20 min.
- Lyophilize the nanoparticles solution.
- Store powdered silver nanoparticles at 40C to 80C.
UV-V’s Analysis- The optical property of silver nanoparticles is determined by UV-V’s spectrophotometer. The spectra are taken in different time intervals up to 24 hours between 350 nm to 500 nm.
Biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles has been done.
Result:- Biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles have been done.